Save the Dates
- Oct 6, 2015
- Oct 10, 2015
Holiday Gift of Peace
- Oct 17-Dec 5, 2015
Saturday Acting Classes
- Oct 22, 2015
The Prince & The Pauper
- Dec 10-13, 2015
Holiday Gift of Peace
Arts & Culture Award Winner
- Shakesperience Productions,
Elizabeth L. Mahaffey Arts Administration Fellow
- Artistic Director Emily Mattina
|"My daughter...had a
wonderful time working with your actors on Comedy of Errors.
It was fun and educational, providing her with professional
instruction. I would recommend this program to any child who is serious
about the art of drama. Programs like yours are becoming increasingly
important seeing as arts programs are slowly diminishing from public
schools. Thank you again for a wonderful experience!!!!"
-Heather Dostert, East Haven, CT
Shakesperience is a professional theater company located in Connecticut
that reaches a Northeast audience of adults and students alike with
outdoor and in-studio performances,
Saturday and private acting
classes, school & camp tours,
Shakesperience was founded
in 1996 by Emily
Mattina and Jeffrey
Lapham, with a mission
to educate and inspire students, families, and theater professionals
through the arts. The non-profit organization is headquartered on Bank Street
in the heart of downtown Waterbury, Connecticut.
on to learn more about the company and its programs, or go
right to the heart of your involvement to attend a performance,
schedule a program for your school
in our Acting
serves as rehearsal space, classroom space, and performance space.
Shakesperience is a fiscally responsible company whose management
believes that the economic and cultural climate, and indeed the future
of theatre, call for well-thought-out use of multi-purpose spaces.
Therefore, every inch of our facility is put to excellent use and
of our downtown location, Shakesperience is poised to
collaborate with many other for-profit and non-profit organizations;
its headquarters also serve as a meeting place and community outreach
base. Many of the staff and resident
artists serve in a volunteer capacity for art, culture,
education, and service organizations. This is but one
outcropping of the Shakesperience
Approach to creation through
in Our Impact...
...and Support our
- 08.11.15:The Comedy of Errors at Shakespeare on the Shoreline 2015! What a run! What great weather! What great audiences! What a great partnership! Congratulations to Ms. Mattina, Mr. Green, and the entire cast. Don't miss the encore performance at McLaughlin Vineyards.
- 05.06.15:Shakesperience appreciates all of the students, visitors, guest speakers, and of nearly 90 donors who made Shakespeare-a-thon and Give Local such a success for us. We're proud to announce we raised $20,780 during the event (before the Give Local match) and almost $2000 after the event. We needed it this year, and thank you!
- 03.28.15:Many thanks to the celestial stars of and all of our guests at Sweets to the Sweet. The opinion is unanimous, you can't miss Sweets to the Sweet 2016! More in store.
- 12.14.14:Great Christmas Carol shows! Thanks to all the actors, staff, sponsors, and audience for the sold-out performances.
- 08.11.14:We are truly lucky to have great weather for King Lear. 4 out of 4 in Waterbury and 5 out of 5 for Shakespeare on the Shoreline in Guilford, CT. Thanks to the everyone who made both runs possible, especially the City of Waterbury and the Shoreline Arts Alliance.
- 07.20.14:Shakesperience thanks the boards, staffs & volunteers here and at the Mattatuck Museum for a great weekend of Radium Girls. Vast apprecation to our audiences, to CT Humanities and to Connecticut Community Foundation Women's Fund for supporting the voices of all the girls and their families.
- 06.29.14:We did not reach the goal to fund Shakespeare in Library Park. So it won't continue in 2015. However, June 2014 saw the largest audience in 10 years. 35% dined out. Half were new to our festival. Everyone enjoyed and would return for similar festivals. This is the power of a Shakespeare festival, and we're proud to have provided Waterbury's for a decade.